Allergy or irritation to eyelash extensions: what to do?

Alergia o irritación a las extensiones de pestañas: ¿Qué hacer?

Before reading this article, you should know that the term "allergy" can be misused to describe all kinds of adverse reactions to the application of extensions of tabs.

Of course it is possible that a client could have a allergy at extensions , specifically a some component in the adhesive.

Important : The allergies caused by the extensions of eyelashes are very rare, less than 1% of confirmed cases. The remaining 99% are the result of a bad application.

However, such allergies are rare. It is more likely that some irritation linked to the adhesive has appeared.

Confusion can occur, as the symptoms are very similar, but there is a significant difference between having an irritation due to a substance and be allergic to such substance . Therefore, it is extremely important that you know in depth the difference between these reactions in order to proceed appropriately and provide the client with the best possible service.

What is an allergy?

It is a negative response to a certain substance. Symptoms include red, itchy, and/or swollen eyes. In general, they usually appear in a few minutes or up to 48 hours.

Very often, the adhesive can cause an allergic reaction to eyelash extensions. With the correct application technique, a small drop of adhesive is used, avoiding contact with the delicate skin of the eyelids.

Even when the procedure is carried out with all the rules, you should not exclude the risks of allergy; as it can be caused by the evaporation of the glue during drying.

How to recognize an allergy to extensions ?

A reaction allergic at extensions of tabs manifests itself with redness, swelling, itching sensation along the line of the tabs or in the eyelid area. You should watch for the following signs:

  • Dryness of the mucous membrane.
  • Sensation of having a third-party object in the eye.
  • eye redness
  • Yes symptoms c common rhinitis allergic (secretion nasal , mucosal swelling nasal , sneezing).
  • tearing
  • Allergic cough.

What is an irritation?

A irritation reflects many of the same symptoms of an allergy, so can It can be very difficult to figure out what is happening. The irritations they are usually the result of vapors from the adhesive being given off as it dries or hardens.

99.9% of the time, if your eyes are red, watery, or itchy after lash service, it's simply irritation. This is a very common thing for most customers.

A big difference between the two is that the irritations they usually do not last more than 24 hours and improve within that period. Whereas an allergy gets worse over time until the lashes are removed.

How to minimize the risk of irritation?

  1. Use a adhesive fume-free, latex-free, and formaldehyde-free. For sensitive clients, use a adhesive appropriate.
  2. Make sure to apply the lashes in a place with good ventilation.
  3. He advises his clients to keep their eyes closed while you apply the extensions .
  4. OR yes a he to proper amount of adhesive during application of extensions . .

Remember...

  • Allergies to eyelash extensions are extremely rare.
  • Shoddy work manifests itself through similar symptoms and requires the removal of tabs.
  • Drug treatment must be prescribed only by a doctor.
  • Always check with your client if they are allergic.
  • take a test with a drop of eyelash adhesive on the skin before Apply the extensions.

Most of the time your client only and You experience irritation that should go away in a few hours.

Do not forget to train with professionals, you will guarantee your results and take care of the health of your clients.

SEE AVAILABLE TRAININGS.


    Leave a comment

    Please note, comments must be approved before they are published